Have you jailbroken your iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7 with the evasi0n tool? Cool, you are all set to enjoy the features of your iDevice which cannot be done only on a stock device. But what if this jailbreak is going to break the normal working of your existing stock apps?! Yes, it was a known issue that the status bar turns black and not disappearing in stock apps ( camera, photos, weather and calculator). Here comes a tweak to fix this issue StatusBarFix2.
Before seeing on how StatusBarFix2 works, we need to see why the jailbreak broke your stock apps’ status bar. It is simply because Cydia moves the location of stock apps. So, the StatusBarFix2 fixes it and remember it is a Substrate-based extension and is completely safe as the tweak makes no permanent changes to your iOS filesystem. It is also compatible with devices up to iOS 7.1 beta 3.
- To download StatusBarFix2 add the repo
- And install the StatusBarFix2 tweak
- Then open your stock app.
- Connect your device to computer
- Kill the process of the app killall -9 <app>
- Then your stock app will close, when you reopen it, everything will work normal