Facebook’s new standalone free newsreader app – Paper is out for iOS users and yes, the app could replace your native Facebook app one day! I know most of you are sad because Paper is available only to iOS users in the US. But there is a quick and established workaround to wipe off all your sadness now! Just follow the quick steps below and the ultimate aim is to change your country in the iTunes, so that Apple thinks you are in America.
Note: Once you change the country, iTunes will remove the credit card details attached with the iTunes account. But anyways you can add them later, after the country change.
Steps to change your country and install Facebook Paper
- Open the App Store and scroll to find the button that says “Apple ID: [your email here]”
- Tap “View Apple ID” and enter your password
- Click “Change country or region” button and change your country to United States
- If you are asked of the payment info, choose “None”. (Since Paper is free, you need not have the local legit address or credit card )
- Now, you can download Paper from the App Store.
- If you want to change the country settings again, follow the same steps again.